Monday, August 20, 2007

Mo ki gbogbo yin o! (I greet you all)

As usual, nothing much to write about, but I would be revisiting blogging in Yoruba again after reading the article on native languages by Omohemi. I love my language and actually made a conscious effort to really learn and speak it more after i graduated. It was like enough of English (left for formal occasions mainly).It wasn't easy but I sure enjoyed it and learnt more, but I had to change back when I had to take my NYSC in Abuja. Made lots of Hausa and Ibo friends and the common ground had to be English. Hoping to learn more of Hausa especially and probably bits and pieces of Ibo(so that I don't get sold for peanuts.@ least I should be able to get a fair bargain).I ran into a site on Yoruba for starters abroad,check it out if u want to learn bits and pieces Yoruba for kids abroad.

The Naira's re-denomination one of the hottest topics in naija now. $1 to exchange for about N1.56 sometime next year, after we've moved two decimal points to the left. Quite some reactions going round in the local media rite now. Try and imagine d socio-psychological effect on d rich that really gives a hoot about being referred to as a millionaire now goes to a thousand-naire overnight depending on his/her CABAL (current acct balance).
I have my reservations abt the policy tho, but based on past policy successes of the CBN,one just have to wait and see and hope they're making the right decisions.
Need to get bck to wrk... Hope 2 keep d juice flowing on ds blog more these days.
Ciao.

1 comments:

omohemi Benson 11:35 AM  

awwwh,I was quoted on your blog,
how nice.

yes o! our language should be passed on from generation to generation,it is uncool for children not to understand their language.

about the redenominaztion thingie, i have no comment until i fully understand the whole thing.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP